Offer Letter

UI Designer
UX Researcher
2 Months

Offer Letter was experiencing a significant drop-off after users got past the second page of their offer. This drop off affected the number of official offers Offerpad could send so that they could more effectively convert on leads.


After a lengthy process we decided on a design that consolidated the once 6 page design, down to 1. The final solution, gave users the ability to view all the important information needed to make an informed decision, make selections that are needed for Offerpad to send an official offer, and confirm their choices to have Offerpad send an agreement.

How we did it

Data Analysis: The UX designer and I worked together to identify patterns or reasons for the substantial drop-off using FullStory.

Framing the hypothesis: Now informed by data, we hypothesized that a shorter form with all of the information presented at the start would increase conversion rate and trust with the user.

Designing a new UI: While designing the new flow and UI we had key areas we wanted to focus on.

  1. Being able to create a shorter more concise form that gave more information about how the offer was determined.
  2. Offering price transparency, because based off of certain selections within the offer, it could affect the price.
  3. Offering more transparent information about the price and how it is made, to create trust among users.

User Research: After the completion of the new design we ran a usability comparison test that focused on time to completion, ease of navigation, and ability to understand. The results were as follows:

  1. When asked about ease of use the 8/10 user gave the new design a 5 compared to 5/10 users giving the old design a 5.
  2. The new offer took 101 secs to complete compared to 179 secs for the old offer.
  3. 8/10 users preferred the new offer letter design to the old one.
  1. Quantitative and Qualitative research go hand in hand. Often times we get consumed with what and not the how and why. Because we spent time identifying the what, how, and why. We had a better understanding of the goal we were trying to solve.
  2. Constraints can make a big impact. The first iteration of the new design actually included a sentiment analysis. However, due to technical constraints it was left out for the time being. Luckily the feature did not affect the entire flow but had it been a bigger part of the big picture it could have caused a lot of headache.